Revisit the history of Udaipur with us
Padharo celebrates the Rajasthani culture through its heritage walks organized in the city of Udaipur. Padharo is back with its second edition of heritage walk. The walks are being organized on 21st & 28th of December 2019. With the heritage walks we make people (travelers) more informed about the art, architecture, traditions, and culture of Rajasthan, and in specific Udaipur. We want you to experience the rich heritage of Mewar while taking the walk around the cozy lanes of the old city.
[contact-form-7 id=”938″ title=”Contact form 1″]
Information on the event
The walks are being organized on two days. There will be a maximum of 20 registrations per group. Based on the number of people, more groups shall be formed on respective dates. For the walk, the registration is paid and each member can register by paying just INR 200 per person. Kids below 12 years are free accompanied by their parents/warden. We are also providing hotel pickup and drop, which will be charged additionally.
Timings of the heritage walk are 8.30-10.30am.
The heritage walk includes
The minimal charges taken include our experienced local expert and entire logistics for the event. You will get an opportunity to know Mewari/Rajasthan culture and heritage closely, because the tour guide will be explaining the history, more interestingly in the form of storytelling.
Explore the local history with us
This event celebrates the rich history of Mewar dynasty, such as nature, art, culture, heritage, architecture and food. We will take you through the lanes of the old city to the historical sites of Jagdish temple, Gangaur ghat, Bagore ki haveli, Chand Pole Puliya, Hanuman ghat, Brahma pole and Ambrai ghat, among others.
All the travelers will assemble at Jagdish chowk before we start the walk. The walk would be for around 2 miles.
Some glimpse of last heritage walk
Briefing about the important landmarks
Jagdish Temple located in the City Palace complex of Udaipur is made in the Indo-Aryan style of architecture. Jagdish temple was built by Maharana Jagat Singh in 1651. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu (Laxmi Narayan), the preserver of the Universe. It is celebrated for being the largest temple in the city of Udaipur.
Gangaur Ghat is situated right in front of lake Pichola. This ghat is better known for the celebration of the Gangaur festival and Jal-Jhulni Ekadashi. On these festivals, this ghat looks spectacular as people celebrate the chariot procession with pomp and splendour.
Bagore Ki Haveli
Bagore Ki Haveli is a haveli stands magnificently on the waterfront of the magnificent Lake Pichola at Gangore Ghat. It was built in the 18th century by Amar Chand Badwa, the then Prime minister of the Mewar kingdom. Bagore Ki Haveli showcases the splendid art and architecture of Mewar. Adorned beautifully with alluring glasswork and mural paintings, Bagore ki Haveli is a visual treat for the eyes.
Chand Pole Puliya
Chand Pole Puliya is a narrow bridge that connects the Udaipur city over the underlying Lake Pichhola.
It has primarily got its name on account of an ancient Hanuman temple situated on the ghat. This place has good options for eating and shopping. It also forms part of the movie scene in Ram Leela.
According to historical facts, Brahm pole forms one of the entrance gates of the fortification of the City Palace. Here you can enjoy street food and shop for handicrafts, spices, and traditional clothes.
Ambrai Ghat also known as Manjhi Ghat is the main ghat situated near the waterfront of Lake Pichola in Udaipur. It is situated opposite to the Gangaur Ghat, near the Jagdish Chowk area. Don’t miss watching the sunset on the Ambrai ghat.
We would recommend you to:
- Dress full, as some places are for pilgrimage, and it might hurt the religious sentiment of the people.
- Winters are here, so caps and shawls are not a bad idea
- Keep your water bottle along, in case you feel dehydrated
- If you have very small kids, be ready to tow them on your back
- If you do not take breakfast at the hotel, let us know, our expert would surely get you to a nearby roadside breakfast place, to treat you with local delicacies.
Terms & Condition Apply
- In case of cancellation before 0-72hours, the entire amount paid by the customer will be charged as a cancellation fee. There will be zero refund made for such cancellations.
- In case the cancellation is done more than 72hours of the start of the activity, 50% of the amount paid will be refunded.
- If the booking is canceled by Padharo due to non-availability, a full refund will be initiated from our end.
- Food & Beverages are not included in tour.
- Padharo reserves all rights to cancel the booking with or without prior intimation.
- Charges per person will be separate for both days.